Wow we are already sitting in Feb and that’s also half gone. Where? How? I ask myself. Time goes by so damn quickly. And for me especially last year went by in a jiffy. I got married in January, shifted from my small, girly, not-so-clean pad in South Delhi to a nicely done up home in East Delhi (yes I don’t like it as much as I like South Delhi), started cooking or as my husband says burning the dishes and taking care of my family (or atleast I try). So you know 2014 was wonderfully spent and yet I don’t remember the details. One thing I do remember is all the gifts that I received on different occasions last year. As you can imagine what an eventful year I had, wedding , birthday, 1st Holi, 1st Karawa chouth, 1st Diwali and what not.
So, I received many not-so-nice and useless gifts which are still piling up in my room. In some cases gift-wraps & ribbons were more useful then the gift itself.
I tried to give away a few but this thought popped into my head – What if I would need ‘this’ one day? What if I will curse myself for giving it away? What if I will never find this ‘thing’ again?
Sigh! Here I am stuck with the gifts that I can’t use and will never ever use in my life. Getting rid of them is not easy. I am planning how should I distribute them in my society.
So this year I decided to make a list for myself of all the things I need. If I get something from the list ‘hurray’ and if I don’t then I will get rid of that gift immediately.
Here’s my list –
- Toe rings (Nice funky ones)
- 'And then one day' by Naseeruddin Shah
- Lotus Sun Tan
- Round Sunglasses (Any)
- Peplum Top
- Disco Ball (What? I love it)
- Gift Card from a cab service (I don’t know if its available)
- Current Affairs book Latest Issue (Don’t Judge me)
- Harry Potter entire series published by Bloomsbury (Because I want to the original cover design)
- Beautiful pendent in a long chain. Something which you get from Forever 21 and not from Caratlane
- VLCC Lip Balm
- Light green formal shirt with short sleeves
- Box of Jelly based toffees
- Nail Paint Remover
- Make up remover
- 2015 Diary
- Lunch Box
- Tickets – any play, standup at Sirifort
- Canvass and Paint Box
THAT IS ALL I WANT.
So peeps, if I receive something which is not on the list I will get rid of it…. Hopefully.