Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Getting Rid Is Not Easy

Wow we are already sitting in Feb and that’s also half gone. Where? How? I ask myself. Time goes by so damn quickly. And for me especially last year went by in a jiffy. I got married in January, shifted from my small, girly, not-so-clean pad in South Delhi to a nicely done up home in East Delhi (yes I don’t like it as much as I like South Delhi), started cooking or as my husband says burning the dishes and taking care of my family (or atleast I try). So you know 2014 was wonderfully spent and yet I don’t remember the details. One thing I do remember is all the gifts that I received on different occasions last year. As you can imagine what an eventful year I had, wedding , birthday, 1st Holi, 1st Karawa chouth, 1st Diwali and what not.

So, I received many not-so-nice and useless gifts which are still piling up in my room. In some cases gift-wraps & ribbons were more useful then the gift itself. 


I tried to give away a few but this thought popped into my head  – What if I would need ‘this’ one day? What if I will curse myself for giving it away? What if I will never find this ‘thing’ again?

Sigh! Here I am stuck with the gifts that I can’t use and will never ever use in my life. Getting rid of them is not easy. I am planning how should I distribute them in my society.

So this year I decided to make a list for myself of all the things I need. If I get something from the list ‘hurray’ and if I don’t then I will get rid of that gift immediately.

Here’s my list –
  • Toe rings (Nice funky ones)
  • 'And then one day' by Naseeruddin Shah
  • Lotus Sun Tan
  • Round Sunglasses (Any)
  • Peplum Top
  • Socks
  • Disco Ball (What? I love it)
  • Gift Card from a cab service (I don’t know if its available)
  • Current Affairs book Latest Issue (Don’t Judge me)
  • Harry Potter entire series published by Bloomsbury (Because I want to the original cover design)
  • Beautiful pendent in a long chain. Something which you get from Forever 21 and not from Caratlane
  • VLCC Lip Balm
  • Light green formal shirt with short sleeves
  • Box of Jelly based toffees 
  • Nail Paint Remover
  • Make up remover
  • 2015 Diary
  • Lunch Box
  • Scarf
  • Tickets – any play, standup at Sirifort
  • Canvass and Paint Box
THAT IS ALL I WANT.

So peeps, if I receive something which is not on the list I will get rid of it…. Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Loved it!
    And by starting this blog you've earned yourself a few items from that list. Wait till we meet. kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You are my inspiration :)

      Delete